Wednesday, November 03, 2004

A dozen days at home

For a dozen days ending with sunday last, i was at home or rather i had to stay at home for my pain back.

I was diagnosed of Spina bifida which apparently is some sort of a congenital deformity in the vertebral column. I was advised bed rest, with some analgesic and hot water fermentation. To top it all i was asked to wear this rather painful belt called the LS Belt (LumbarSacro and not anything else...) I for the same reason for not able to comfortably sit or stand or lie-down.

Every day was very very hard to push. Being HOME ALONE was probably good fun for Macaulay Culkin, but i would vehmently differ, for it was the most painful set of days as of now. The mornings till mom left for work were atleast a bit lively with some kutti talk with her and giving her hell of a time. Once she escapes off to office, i was left with nothing at all. Nothing on TV, nothing on Radio, cant sit on comp for it was not booting. Nothing left to read on the Newspaper and the mags which come in. I was forced to kill time with TV and deep thought.

Truly christened the Idiot Box, i still do not understand what people find to stay glued to it. Only thing that was tolerable to watch was some cartoons on this channel called POGO, and this was also not helping to push time for more than an hour a day. Giving another hour for a rather loooooooooong lunch, i still had half a dozen hours at my disposal for nothing.

With CAS (Conditional Access System) casting its spell on this god-forsaken city of Chennai, one was left with only some vernacular channels which have a 50 yr old hero dancing with a 20ish heroine all the time. Even the News channels had the same old wine every hour. At the end of the day, one could just read along with the guy on TV. Good old Doordarshan which anyway comes everywhere actually prooved to be better in giving some stuff which were atleast worth watching.

The Radio be it Prasar Bharati stuff or the FM Mirchi and Suriyan, the same old film songs and nothing intersant.

I just had to see free space for quite a long time everyday till i found somebody coming back from work/school which would not usually happen till it is late in the evening.

My gosh it was nightmarish at home to stay with nothing else to do. I do not wish to have such spells of Tutenkhamen striking me.

I just was waiting to come back to Insti, though not cured yet, i m just wishing that i donot have to stay at home all alone for such long intervals of time.

Comments:
Too bad the pain's back.

Is staying at home that painful? Hmm, people die to go home, as a certain Wimp will tell you. I, as you might know, am not any sort of authority on this sort of thing.

Well, keep the chronicling on.
 
I'll back both Shamanth and Wimpy on that!
The Bhaand writes again:):)...(see...I didn't say he's back!). And writes disparagingly of Tam movie idols:-O
I am profoundly shocked! Hasn't Shamanth taught you how you should always think your movie stars are the best in the world?? (Boy...I love Uttam Kumar.....)
Anyways...new Bhaand smalltalk-
X-"How are you?"
Bhaand-"I am spine..."
 
it has taken quite a while for me to decifer the BOFi's comments. (still not fully understood)

Going home is fun if you have something to do. If you are normal and you go home then you can have a nice time. When you are ill it is the most painful part.

I would support movie stars of my region, if they are sensible enough to get into roles which they fit and not straining themselves in college student roles, when their kids are married. bigchu and The Wimp would probably not mind a 70+ yr old Rajkumar starring as a college student (ref. movie SapthahEdi) or ~50 yr old Upendra getting ragged by seniors on first day of college and all the stuff, not me gimme a break. There are quite a few young tam heros, which i dont deny at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?